Another easy bar cookie recipe using Harvey's. Cut these in larger squares while warm and serve with ice cream for a special dessert.
Recipes / cookies
September 03, 2021
May 27, 2021
Harvey's Butter Rum Batter makes the perfect base for these quick and easy dessert squares.
- 11 oz Harvey's Butter Rum Batter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp.baking powder
- 1 cup apples-peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium saucepan melt Harvey's Butter Rum Batter.
- Remove saucepan from heat, let cool slightly and stir in egg.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Spread into greased & floured 8-9" square pan.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
Serve bars warm with vanilla ice cream and Harvey's caramel sauce.
March 30, 2021
These old fashioned style cookies are sweet and full of spice. They keep well, which makes them a great recipe to make ahead or ship.
Prep / Cook
- 2/3 cup Harvey's Butter Rum Batter softened
- 10 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Combine Harvey's Butter Rum Batter and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat with mixer for 5 minutes or until well-combined. Add eggs and beat for 30 seconds. Add molasses, beat until combined.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add flour mixture into Harvey's mixture. Beat at low speed or until just combined. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 48 balls, about 1 1/2 Tbsp. each. Measure 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar into a small bowl; roll balls in the sugar and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, of just until set. (They will appear slightly under baked, but will firm up and be the perfect level of moist and chewy). Cool 5 minutes on pan before removing to cool on wire rack.