March 30, 2021
Harvey's Chewy Molasses Cookies
These old fashioned style cookies are sweet and full of spice. They keep well, which makes them a great recipe to make ahead or ship.
Prep / Cook
- 2/3 cup Harvey's Butter Rum Batter softened
- 10 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Combine Harvey's Butter Rum Batter and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat with mixer for 5 minutes or until well-combined. Add eggs and beat for 30 seconds. Add molasses, beat until combined.
- In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add flour mixture into Harvey's mixture. Beat at low speed or until just combined. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 48 balls, about 1 1/2 Tbsp. each. Measure 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar into a small bowl; roll balls in the sugar and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, of just until set. (They will appear slightly under baked, but will firm up and be the perfect level of moist and chewy). Cool 5 minutes on pan before removing to cool on wire rack.