Harvey's Peanut Butter Pie
This rich and creamy pie combines two great tastes-Harvey's and peanut butter. It is made with a chocolate cookie crust and we like to garnish it with freshly whipped cream and chocolate shavings for a truly decadent treat.
45 minutes plus refrigeration time 6 hours
Ingredients - Crust
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (about 20 sandwich cookies)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Harvey's Butter Rum Batter
Ingredients - Filling
- 1 cup Harvey's Butter Rum Batter, softened
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. rum extract
- 2 cups, heavy cream, whipped
Optional: sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings or cookie crumbs for garnish.
- Melt the 3 Tbsp. butter and 2 Tbsp. Harvey's together.
- Stir in cookie crumbs and press into a 9-10" pie plate.
- Bake crust at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Cool.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together remaining Harvey's, cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla and rum extract until smooth.
- Beat in 1/3 of the whipped cream until blended.
- Fold in remaining cream and spoon into prepared crust.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with additional sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired.
- Pie can be frozen and thawed for future use.