August 25, 2021
Harvey's Butter Rum Pound Cake
A moist cake with Harvey's Butter Rum and rum glaze
1 hour 10 minutes for prep and baking. For best flavor, allow to sit for several hours or overnight.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups spiced rum, divided (Captain Morgan)
- 1 11 oz tub Harvey's Butter Rum Batter
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt cake pan.
- Mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and 1/2 cup of the rum.
- Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake about 55-60 minutes, or until tests done. Cool about 12 minutes before inverting cake on to a rimmed platter.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, combine Harvey's and water in a saucepan and bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce to steady simmer. Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of rum and allow mixture to reduce for about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Poke holes with a toothpick all over cake.
- Pour glaze over warm cake, covering entire service. As mixture pools, take a spoon and re-pour the glaze back over the cake several times.
- Let set for several hours or overnight in fridge before serving.